Welcome again to Anvyl, and thanks for choosing as your supply chain management solution! Our goal is to get you up and running quickly. We've outlined these steps in to take over the course of seven days:
Step-by-step guide in activating Anvyl:
Day 2-3: Uploading your supply chain data into Anvyl
Day 4: Populating the platform
Day 5: Educating your suppliers
Day 6: Review key functionality
An email from the Anvyl team or from a team member of yours will greet your inbox. Once you receive the email, click on the "Accept Invitation" link. You'll be prompted to set a new password. Once that's completed you will have access to your team's account.
Note: There is a chance these emails can end up in your bulk or junk folder. If you do not receive the invitation, please reach out to your team members first you can initiate a new invitation or your customer success manager.
Uploading supplier and parts library
Step 1: Add your suppliers
If you have a list of suppliers that you’d like to upload into Anvyl, there are two ways to get to the bulk upload screen.
- Click on the Global Actions Button
- Select the Add Supplier dropdown menu.
- Click Individually
- Adds a single supplier at a time
- Each step will have its own window to fill out:
- Supplier Name
- Main Address
- Payment, Incoterm or Supplier notes
- If you already have a CSV file with the information, you can click Bulk Upload Suppliers from CSV to upload the file.
If you do not already have a CSV file with the information, click CSV for bulk-adding suppliers
- Select the CSV file that has your suppliers to upload or copy and paste all of your suppliers in the table provided.
- Indicate whether the first row contains column names.
Indicate the appropriate columns in your CSV file that map to fields in Anvyl. (The platform will auto-suggest column mappings when possible.)
Note: You can choose to ignore certain columns in your CSV file that you don’t want or need to be imported.
- After you confirm the column mappings, see a preview of the import. If there are any issues with the data you’re attempting to upload, we’ll highlight them here. You can make any modifications you need to your data in-line at this step.
- Click confirm to proceed with processing the import and Anvyl will notify you when the import is complete.
Step 2: Upload your parts
- Click the Global Actions button
- Select Add Part
- Click Individually
- Adds a single part at a time
- Required Fields
- Part Name
- Part Number is strongly encouraged to be created by your team. This could be the final SKU # that you sell or an ingredient part number. If you don't have one, Anvyl will auto create one.
- Option to include a description, design file, identifiers, custom fields and tags
- Once created, can link to the Supplier and update pricing and leadtimes
- If you already have a CSV file with the information in the template, click Bulk Upload Parts from CSV to upload the file.
Open the CSV file that you downloaded, and format your parts in the CSV template
- Have the option of adding Supplier Name, Supplier Part Number, Supplier Notes, Part Cost, Lead Times and MOQ
- Ensure that the Supplier Name column is filled out exactly as it appears in your library
Step 3: Create Part-Supplier Link
If you have your individual parts and suppliers uploaded already, there's an easy way to match them to the correct supplier and store all pricing and leadtimes. Through the Global Actions button navigate to the Create Part-Supplier link.
- One-by-one process of linking parts to suppliers
- When logged into Anvyl, click on the Global Actions button
- Select the Add Part dropdown menu. If you already have a CSV file with the information in the template, click Bulk Upload Part-Suppliers from CSV to upload the file. If you do not already have the file navigate to the bottom of dropdown and download CSV for bulk adding part-supplier-links.
- Open the CSV file that you downloaded, and format your parts in the CSV template.
- Ensure that the Supplier Name column is filled out exactly as it appears from Step 1.
- Ensure that the Part Number column does not contain any duplicates. (If you have duplicate Part Names without the Part Number, the system will automatically assign a unique Part Number and Part-Supplier link to each row.)
- Note: Custom Info fields for part-supplier links cannot be bulk uploaded at this time.
Note: You can only upload 1 part-supplier link for each part you are adding. If you have two or more rows with the same Part Number, the system will flag this as an error and give you the option to either ignore all of the duplicate Part Numbers or remove any extra rows until there is only one unique Part Number per row.
Supplier usage is a crucial element in the adoption of Anvyl. The relationships between brands and suppliers are vital to a healthy supply chain and that is achievable. We have our own dedicated resource center for suppliers that walks them through activation, accepting purchase orders, and staying engaged.
As you continue to power through getting your key supply chain data into Anvyl. There's more administrative work that's important to review. Here you will find a checklist of items to help you get ready for your first purchase order.
Issuing a purchase order
Issuing a purchase order is a necessity as it confirms the buyer's intent with a supplier on a designated quantity, price, and item. Once a purchase order is issued, Anvyl allows you to track order timelines, centralize order activity, log communication, and store key documentation. By leveraging your saved Part and Supplier information, we make creating a purchase order easy.
To create a new order:
- Open Anvyl
- Click Global Actions button
- Click Add order
- If ordering one or many parts from a single supplier, click Individual. If ordering the parts that make up an assembly, click on Assembly + Components and if you wanted to be prompted to a single view click Skip to PO Form
These are steps for using the Individual option
- Select the Supplier from the drop-down. You can scroll or search by supplier name. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the order details like target ship date, delivery date, quantity, and unit price. If you’ve set up Part-Supplier Links for what you’re ordering, the price will automatically populate based on the quantity you enter. Click Next to continue
- Select a milestone configuration. If the milestone configuration you want is not appearing as an option for you, add the desired milestone configuration using these instructions here.
- Note: Once you save or issue the PO, you will not be able to change this configuration.
- Add a PO number, supplier address, ship-to address, shipping method, payment terms, incoterms, and notes to your purchase order. If no PO number is entered, Anvyl will assign a PO number which can be changed in draft mode before sending. At this step, you can also add other items to keep track of non-part-related expenses associated with the order (e.g. Tooling). All of this information is optional. You can always add it later if need be. Click Next to continue.
- Note: Payment Terms can not be edited after the supplier accepts the PO unless the accepted PO does not contain Payment Terms yet.
- Pro Tip: If you have an address or addresses stored for that Supplier, you can click Fill with Saved Address to select and auto-fill the desired address. Additionally, once you enter a ship-to address, we’ll remember it moving forward. Next time, just start typing the address in Company Line 1, select the saved address, and we’ll finish the rest.
- Preview your purchase order and add a custom message to be included in the email to your supplier. Click Issue PO when you’re ready to have it sent to your supplier.
Note: If you are not ready to issue the order, click Save as Draft to save the PO for future editing. Alternatively, if you see something incorrect on the preview, click the Previous button to go back and edit.
- Once you save or issue your PO, you’ll be landed on the Order Detail Page where you can see and edit all purchase order details, add files, add messages, and keep track of the status of the order throughout production in collaboration with your supplier.
- Note: When you issue your PO, all supplier contacts with access levels set to Orders, Notifications will receive an email and alert when logged in. Those with Orders access will not be notified, but will still be able to access the order when they log into Anvyl.
Watch the video below to see this in action.