The Parts Library can help you keep an up-to-date record of part information in one place. Within a part you can add it to a bill of materials, save the latest design files, and/or categorize parts using tags, with an extra level of organization. To add a part, follow the instructions below:
- When logged into Anvyl, click the Parts tab at the top.
- Click Create Part.
- Enter your part name.
- Add a part number (optional). If no part number is entered, Anvyl will provide one.
- Attach any design files or specifications associated with that part (optional).
- Add any custom fields that you wish to add to the part (optional).
Note: Custom info fields will be available in Reports for Professional and Enterprise plans.
- Create custom tags to further categorize the part how you need (optional). Tags can be used to identify a part by its product line, product category, differentiate it between core vs. specialty SKUs, or anything else for other ways of filtering.
Note: Tags will not be available in Reports.
- Click Save and you’ll be landed on the newly created Part Detail Page for that part.
Note: Depending on how your supply chain is structured, you may wish to create a more detailed bill of materials by creating an assembly of parts.