There are two options to change the purchase order number before the PO is issued.
If you are following the steps to create a purchase order, manually type in a purchase order number when you arrive at the field that is blank. For information on how to create a purchase order, follow the instructions here.
If you've already saved the purchase order as a draft, follow these instructions to change the purchase order number.
- Use global search on the purchase order number or the part number
- Go to the Order view dropdown
If you have a customized view use that or click into the Open orders view
- Filter PO Status to be equal to Draft. This is the quickest way to find the order.
- Click into the PO or hover over the row to expand Open order details and click the icon
- Underneath the ISSUE PURCHASE ORDER button
- Edit the text
- Manually type in the purchase order number.
- Click Save.
Note: After the PO is issued, you cannot change the purchase order number. You will need to delete the PO and create a new purchase order to change the number.