The Parts Library can help you keep an up-to-date record of part information in one place. Within a part you can add it to a bill of materials, save the latest design files, and/or categorize parts using tags, with an extra level of organization.
When adding an assembly with new parts
To add an assembly of parts or create a bill of materials, follow the instructions below:
- When logged into Anvyl, click the Parts tab at the top.
- Click Create Part.
- Enter the parent part name.
- Add a part number (optional). If no part number is entered, Anvyl will provide one.
- To add a component, click New if the component part is not already in Anvyl.
(Alternatively: If the component is already in Anvyl, click From Library and search for the component part you wish to add and skip step 7.)
- Enter the count per assembly of that component part.
- Add a part number, any design files or specifications, and custom tags you’d like to associate with the component part (optional). If no part number is entered, Anvyl will provide one.
- Continue the process of adding new component parts in this manner until you’ve built out your assembly.
- Click Save and you’ll be landed on the newly created Part Detail Page for that assembly part.
Below is an example of an assembly part with a ratio of sub-component parts.