When it’s time to get production going, Anvyl Orders can help you keep track of order timelines, centralize order activity, store key documentation, and log communication in a centralized place. By leveraging your saved Part and Supplier information, we make creating a purchase order easy.
Issuing a Purchase Order
- When logged in, click on the Orders tab.
- Click Add an Order.
- If ordering one or many parts from a single supplier, click on the Individual Parts option. If ordering the parts that make up an assembly, click on the Assembly + Components option.
- Select the Part you’d like to add to the order. You can scroll or search by part name or by part/SKU number. You can add as many parts as you need by clicking Add Part. Click Next to continue.
- Select the Supplier from the drop-down. You can scroll or search by supplier name. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the order details like target ship date, delivery date, quantity, and unit price. If you’ve set up Part-Supplier Links for what you’re ordering, the price will automatically populate based on the quantity you enter. Click Next to continue.
- Select a milestone configuration. If the milestone configuration you want is not appearing as an option for you, add the desired milestone configuration using these instructions here.
Note: Once you save or issue the PO, you will not be able to change this configuration.
- Add a PO number, supplier address, ship-to address, shipping method, payment terms, incoterms, and notes to your purchase order. If no PO number is entered, Anvyl will assign a PO number which can be changed in draft mode before sending. At this step, you can also add other items to keep track of non-part-related expenses associated with the order (e.g. Tooling). All of this information is optional. You can always add it later if need be. Click Next to continue.
Note: Payment Terms can not be edited after the supplier accepts the PO unless the accepted PO does not contain Payment Terms yet.
Pro Tip: If you have an address or addresses stored for that Supplier, you can click Fill with Saved Address to select and auto-fill the desired address. Additionally, once you enter a ship-to address, we’ll remember it moving forward. Next time, just start typing the address in Company Line 1, select the saved address, and we’ll finish the rest.
- Preview your purchase order and add a custom message to be included in the email to your supplier. Click Issue PO when you’re ready to have it sent to your supplier.
Note: If you are not ready to issue the order, click Save as Draft to save the PO for future editing. Alternatively, if you see something incorrect on the preview, click the Previous button to go back and edit.
- Once you save or issue your PO, you’ll be landed on the Order Detail Page where you can see and edit all purchase order details, add files, add messages, and keep track of the status of the order throughout production in collaboration with your supplier.
Note: When you issue your PO, all supplier contacts with access level set to Orders, Notifications will be notified about it. Those with Orders access will not be notified, but will still be able to access the order when they log into Anvyl.
Watch the video below to see this in action.