If you'd like to place a purchase order for an assembly, the hero part or assembly is the finished product that will be sold to the end customer and shipped to a warehouse, fulfillment center, or retail location. We recommend adding your assembly in the Parts Library before creating your assembly purchase order. Read and follow those instructions here.
To place an order with an assembly part, perform the steps below.
- When logged in, click on the Orders tab.
- Click Add an Order.
- Click on the Assembly + Components option.
- Select the Assembly Part you’d like to add to the order. You can scroll or search by part name or by SKU number. You can add as many parts as you need by clicking Add Part. Click Next to continue.
- Within your assembly, it is possible that you are ordering different parts from different suppliers. Select the Supplier you wish to order each component part from in the drop-down. You can scroll or search by supplier name. Click Next to continue.
- Add a PO number (optional), and name the order group.
- Enter the order details like target ship date, delivery date, quantity, and unit price. If you’ve set up Part-Supplier Links for what you’re ordering, the price will automatically populate based on the quantity you enter. Click Save as Draft to continue.
- If component parts were ordered from different suppliers, a new purchase order will appear for each supplier. You can click Issue Purchase Order for each draft purchase order that appears.
Alternatively, you can edit the individual purchase orders before issuing it to the supplier. To do so, click the three dots icon > View details > pencil icon.
Add or change a PO number, supplier address, ship-to address, shipping method, payment terms, incoterms, and notes to your purchase order. If no PO number is entered, Anvyl will provide one. At this step you can also add other items to keep track of non-part related expenses associated with the order (e.g. Tooling). All of this information is optional. You can always add it later if need be. Click Next to continue.
Pro Tip: If you have an address or addresses stored for that Supplier, you can click Fill with Saved Address to select and auto-fill the desired address. Additionally, once you enter a ship-to address, we’ll remember it moving forward. Next time, just start typing the address in Company Line 1, select the saved address, and we’ll finish the rest.
- Preview your purchase order and add a custom message to be included in the email to your supplier. Click Issue PO when you’re ready to have it sent to your supplier.
Note: If you are not ready to issue the order, click Save as Draft to save the PO for future editing. Alternatively, if you see something incorrect on the preview, click the Previous button to go back and edit.
- Once you save or issue your PO, you’ll be landed on the Order Detail Page where you can see and edit all purchase order details, add files, add messages, and keep track of the status of the order throughout production in collaboration with your supplier.
Note: When you issue your PO, all supplier contacts with access level set to Orders, Notifications will be notified about it. Those with Orders access will not be notified, but will still be able to access the order when they log into Anvyl.