There are 3 types of users that can be added to collaborate on a purchase order.
- Team: Team Admins and Members can be added here.
- Supplier: Supplier contacts and their access levels can be added here.
- Third-Party: See instructions below. (Note: Third-party collaborators can include both internal and external contacts.)
Third-party collaborators have access only to the specific orders to which they’ve been invited. They can see the purchase order quantity and pricing details, and they also have permission to add files, messages, and tasks, but will not be able to update an order status or edit the order details.
Third-party collaborators are tied to a specific order in Anvyl. Therefore, in order to add a third-party collaborator, you must have a purchase order in your account. To learn how to issue a purchase order, please visit the article here.
To add a third-party collaborator, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Add the collaborator to your Anvyl account
- If the collaborator already exists in the account, proceed to step 2.
- When logged in, click on your Avatar, and go into the Team Settings.
- Click on the Orders tab.
- Click on the Third-Party Collaborators section.
- Click the Add Collaborators button.
- Add the collaborator’s name, email address, and desired restrictions.
- For more information about the restrictions, visit the help article here.
Step 2: Add the collaborator to an order on Anvyl
- When logged into Anvyl, click on the Orders tab.
- Click into the Order you wish to add a collaborator to.
- On the Order Details Page, find the Collaborators section and click Share with Collaborators
- In the Share with third-party collaborators field, enter the email address of the person you wish to collaborate with.
- Click Save.
- The email address you entered will appear at the Email field. A valid email address is required.
- Enter the full Name for the person (required).
- Select a Category (required). If you do not see an appropriate category, then select Other.
- If you wish to invite more than one collaborator, select Add another collaborator and enter another name, email address, and category. If you no longer wish to invite the person, select the trash icon to remove the row.
- Optional: Include a custom message with the email invitation.
- Click Send. Invited collaborators will appear in the list with an icon indicating invitation pending. Once the collaborator has activated their Anvyl account, the icon will no longer show.
- If you wish for the collaborator to no longer access the order, select Remove and click Save.
Click Cancel to return to the Order Details page.
Note: Both suppliers and third-party collaborators can be added to draft purchase orders. When this occurs, suppliers will not be able to see the PO number until the PO is issued. Invitations to third-party collaborators will not appear in an order’s activity timeline. Collaborators must activate their Anvyl accounts to see order information and add files or messages.
Watch the video below to see this in action.
Supply chain coordination goes beyond brands and their manufacturers. Inviting Collaborators to Anvyl can extend production visibility to all the key players and help simplify coordination with suppliers and freight forwarders, streamline team updates to order details or schedules, facilitate sharing of key information across internal teams, and more.