The Gmail integration is available for all Professional and Enterprise packages. This integration allows you to send messages to other people who do not have Anvyl accounts and capture their replies in the Anvyl system for better visibility, data accuracy, and intelligence through Smart Milestones.
When the Gmail integration is enabled, you can expect these capabilities in your account.
Messages will now include Comments and Emails
The Messages tab in your Order Details page, will now include comments and emails. You can view all of the messages in this tab.
- Emails will be notated with an email icon over the sender’s avatar
- Comments will be notated with the sender’s avatar only
Composing a new message
The default to compose a new message will be sent through comments. If you’d like to switch to email, you can click Switch to email.
If you have successfully connected your Gmail address, you will be able to compose your new email by entering the following fields:
- To and CC email addresses
- Subject line
Once you click Send, any replies to this email will be automatically pulled into the platform.
If you do not currently have your Gmail address connected, follow the steps here to enable it.
Controlling visibility of the email thread
Similar to comments, your emails can be made visible to only certain parties on the Anvyl platform. This functionality will remain the same for emails. Learn more about it here.
Best practices for selecting recipients for emails
Should a recipient in the To/CC field have an Anvyl account and have access to collaborate on this purchase order, they will only receive the email once in their email inbox. They will not receive an email notification through the Anvyl email settings.
For this reason, we recommend the following:
- Keep the default email notification settings in Anvyl on for the orders you care about.
- Learn more about Anvyl email notification settings here.
Replying to an email message in Anvyl
- Clicking Reply will default to reply all
- It will pre-populate all the recipients in the To/CC fields
- You can add or remove recipients before you send
Receiving responses to an email message
Replies to emails that originated in Anvyl will be pulled in for the following use-cases
- When a recipient of your email replies to only you.
- When a recipient of your email replies all.
- When a recipient of your email replies to you and a different set of recipients from the original email thread.
- When a recipient of your email replies to you, you and others on the original thread, and changes the subject.
When a recipient of your email replies through their email client, Anvyl will pull the message in the following places:
- Global Inbox: An aggregated view of all of your messages and emails in one place.
- Messages tab on the Order Details page: An aggregated view of all of your emails and messages that pertain to a specific purchase order in one place.
When Anvyl IQ alerts are on, any email replies you receive on this thread will be scanned for Smart Milestones.
- Smart Milestones: A machine learning model that understands the contents of the email and provides intelligent suggestions to take action or update a milestone.
- Below is an example of how the messages will appear in your Anvyl account.
Read more about how to access your messages here.